At Ranger Point, we have done many, many action jobs on Marlin leverguns. One of the first things customers ask us to address is the overly stiff, and often sharp edged, factory loading gate spring. Everyone knows the factory loading gate can make loading ammo into the rifle a difficult and unpleasant task.
The RPP Flyweight Loading Gate greatly reduces the effort required to stoke your Marlin. It's a masterfully tuned, competition grade part right out of the gate.
Starting with a massive reduction in spring weight, the RPP gate requires only about 1.5 lbs. of force to open fully, while the factory loading gate can require in excess of 5 lbs.
Next, we redesigned the loading gate to offer substantially more clearance for cartridges, further reducing load effort. This is a significant benefit when loading fat, straight wall ammo like the Marlin 444. In fact, during testing we discovered that we could load a .444 dummy through the gate of a typical Marlin 336 .30-30, without benefit of the Model 444's magazine tube clearance bulge. That's first class leg room!
Finally, we paid very careful attention to the inside "feed lip" area of the gate, optimizing geometry to ease gate opening against an on-deck round, and offer smooth feeding, with perfect case head control. With every gate precisely CNC machined from solid bar stock and hand polished, consistent results are assured.
Material is 7057-T6 aluminum, the strongest grade available. Engineered for highly stressed air frames, 7057 has extraordinary fatigue strength for thousands of flex cycles without failure. When anodized, it has a surface hardness exceeding hardened steel, for excellent wear properties.
RPP Flyweight Loading Gate Features:
* Spring weight reduced by up to 70%
* No tuning required, saving you time and hassle
* Greatly increased cartridge clearance
* No knife sharp edges
* Easy loading and smooth, reliable feeding
* Precisely machined from 7075 billet and hard anodized for extreme durability
* Available in black, brass or brushed natural finish to match stainless rifles
* 10-15 minute installation time
A couple of good screwdrivers is all that's needed.
The gun will need to be partially disassembled - just go slo, and remember that each screw needs to return to it's original home, so get a piece of cardboard box, draw an approximation of the receiver on it, and poke a hole in your drawing where each screw can rest until reassembly.
1) Clear the rifle & ensure the chamber and magazine are EMPTY.
2) Unscrew/remove the tang screw from the upper/rear receiver tang, and pull off the buttstock to the rear.
3) Partially open bolt/lever, remove lever pivot screw and slide lever out of the bottom of the receiver (no need to remove bolt)
4) De-cock the hammer with the safety disengaged. Push forward on the hammer spring bridge and pull or push out one side of its groove. This will free the hammer spring
5) Remove hammer pivot screw, bottom trigger plate screw and side support screws to free the trigger plate from the receiver.
6) Remove the trigger plate / lower tang from the bottom of the receiver (some gentle prying may be needed).
7) Pull the locking lug out of the bottom of the receiver and swing the carrier out of the receiver (no need to remove the carrier pivot screw)
8) Unscrew the loading gate spring (1” behind he loading gate opening) and install the new gate and screw it in
Reassemble in reverse order.
31 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Thank you for the prompt delivery of the Marlin loading gate. The install went quick and easy, thanks to your video. Your gate makes a huge difference in using the rifle.
Product was easy to install. Makes a big difference for loading rounds compared to the factory part. Thanks RRP.
Easy to install if you follow the video.
No more pinched fingers!!!
What a difference these loading gates make. Easy to load and looks good. What more is there to say.. Thanks
If you enjoy lever guns, then this just made it a whole lot better. You no longer have to fight the gate every time you want to load ammunition. This reduced the tension on gate by at least 50% and made the ammo feel like it's gliding into the tube instead of that scraping feeling that you get with a factory gate setup.
I bought the loading gate for my 1895 guide gun and love it. SO much easier to load and unload the gun. I can unload the gun without having to rack the action which I love. I was concerned when the video showed how to install one on a 336 and not an 1895 but they are the same. I just watched the video and paused it... did the next step, paused it again and it walked me right through putting in the gate... I would recommend to anyone thinking about putting one in.
I had never had a marlin lever Action apart before but it was simple and the loading gate installation was easy following the video.
Much easier on the fingers now and cartridges slide right in the magazine tube. Should be on every marlin Lever Action Rifle.
I have not used this in the field as of yet. It has showen great improvements since I have install this on my marlin 1894p 44 magnum.
It has made some improvement loading my 336, but certainly does not work like the Youtube video showed. I don't blame your product, I blame Marlin. I was going to use it for Hog hunting, but I don't trust the rifle, FTF. I will stick with my AR-15 and Hog Hammer ammo.
Purchased the loading gate (brass) for my marlin 30-30 easy install and great product makes loading the rifle very easy! Highly recommend product to anyone
Why is this not the default loading gate. Works better than i hoped for on my 1895.
This is the best thing you can do to a Marlin lever gun. I love it and would buy again.