Our RPP-designed "medium" large loop levers for Marlin Firearms lever-action rifles are a drop-in part that should take minutes to install. Occasionally, minor fitting may be required.
Meticulously CNC machined in-house with two metal options:
- 4140 steel alloy and nitride coated for a smooth, scratch-proof finish
- Stainless Steel
PLEASE NOTE: These replacement levers do not come with a plunger, cross-pin or spring. You'll be able to re-use the parts from your factory lever as part of the installation process (instructions included in the package).
What makes our Marlin "medium loop" levers better?
1) Current "big loop" lever offerings incorporate a loop that is very tall and circular, but the aggressive upper curve still makes gloved fingers bunch together. We made more space fore and aft by flattening and extending the upper curve, allowing the fingers to rest naturally along the pistol grip.
2) The "big loop" levers also have two effects that we don't care for: a) it creates an odd lag time when opening the action, while the hand leaves the grip and the fingers travel downward before smacking abruptly into the lower rung of the loop (with bare hands this can get uncomfortable quickly); and b) the loop adds significantly to the height dimension of the rifle and becomes the lowest point. Finish scratches are inevitable, and handiness is sacrificed for style.
3) Additional space in the trigger guard area, where it is vital. Gloved fingers are a pretty tight fit in factory trigger guards. That should make anyone nervous when the hammer is back. We also decreased the dimension separating loop and guard, allowing the fingers to sit naturally, close together.
4) Aesthetically, we designed our lever to blend more naturally with the lines of the stock, complementing the attractive curve of the pistol grip and aligning perfectly with the straight stocks.
97 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Read the reviews and chosoe this over the other big loop lever. Dropped in fine, no fitting required. Matches the Marlin blue finish. Shot a big bore optional cowboy match with the rifle, worked great, no busted knuckles like I got with the factory lever! Buy the plunger, spring, and pin to install on this (Brownells has them too). You will thank yourself for not having to take them off the old lever.
Bought this for my Marlin and looked and felt great out the package. Fit real smooth and quick screw fit right with good tension on it. Still not sure if I should add a shim. I might not need to. A great purchase.
Very easy install overall. I had to wait a few days as I didn't have a punch small enough to knock out the pin for the plunger and spring, but well worth it. It looks and feels great.
The original lever bit my knuckle and never was comfortable. Not only do my fingers fit comfortably in the lever, but it also allows me to get a good purchase / grip on the stock. I shoot the gun a ton better. Icing on the cake is that the lever looks like it belongs on the gun. Very unobtrusive. I ordered another for my 44 Remington Magnum.
Went to install the lever and found that I was sent the wrong one. Called customer service and without hesitation was told that they would send the correct lever out that day. I was emailed a return label for the incorrect item which made the whole process easy and painless. Will definitely continue doing business with RPP and will recommend them to others.
I just came back from the range! What a great time! I no longer pinch my fingers with the factory Lever! The RPP Lever is a joy to shoot with! The edges are nice and smooth and the opening of the loop is perfect for my hand. The Lever is a complete drop in part and is very easy to install! This part completes my Marlin 336W build! The rifle is a great shooter! Accurate and very comfortable to shoot. I have already installed The RPP gold trigger, Loading Gate and Hammer Spur! I wish It would let me put up pictures because it looks Great!
Just got my Marlin 1894ss back from David Clements. As you can see the Barrel was chopped to 16 1/4” and threaded. The action job feels great. And my fingers all fit threat in the RPP big loop. David also added the XS sight rail and a custom front sight blade. And for a little extra comfort on big loads a new pad. Then a nice bead blast finish to top it off. Great job and ready to go. Just waiting on tax stamp for the can.
I really like this loop lever! Having large hands, the original rectangular level was just a little tight and with gloves, very tight. I like the room I have in the new lever. And it looks great too. Another excellent product, Thanks Ranger Point.
This is on a straight stock 1895G. This loop is the perfect size. It seems like it is just a tad bit narrower than a standard loop on GBL, which is perfect. Fit and finish are excellent. would highly recommend. Worth every penny.