These beautifully machined brass weights install easily into the molded pocket inside the frame of each Steyr A1 pistol. The weight installs under the barrel, improving the gun's balance and reducing muzzle flip. The already fast Steyr pistols come back on target even faster!
For the ultimate in reduced muzzle flip, pair this brass weight with one of our steel guide rods. Steyr A1 Pistols Steel Guide Rod / Brass Weight Combo Pack (10% off).
Brass Weight Options
A1-L Models .270" H x .420" W x .220" L (1.3 oz)
A1-M Models .270" H x .420" W x .171" L (1.0 oz)
A1- C & S Models .270" H x .420" W x .156" L (.9 oz)
* CNC machined from solid brass
* Improves balance and decreases muzzle flip
* Adds 1.3oz to L, 1.0oz to M, and .9oz to C & S models
* Five minute installation with provided set screws and Allen wrench
* Easy to remove
* No epoxy or frame modification necessary
Installation / Removal instructions
1) Unload your Steyr and remove the slide
2) Put the RPP Steyr frame weight, logo up, into the pocket of the frame located under the barrel. Modest force may be necessary to depress the weight until it is flush with the edges of the frame pocket.
3) While keeping the weight depressed, install the provided set screws. Turn them until they are flush with the weight, but no more.
4) Reinstall your slide and go shooting!
5) Should you wish to remove the weight at any time, simply back out the set screws and tap the frame upside down against a solid surface. The weight will pop free.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Before purchasing the weight, I contacted the company with a question. I was pleasantly surprised someone answered my email over the Christmas holidays. Two thumbs up!
If that is not enough, the weight comes with the necessary hex wrench, which many companies do not provide. Another kudos for that!
The weight is a very nice upgrade, cleanly machined, and fits very nicely tight in the frame.
If your weight comes with the screws in it (as mine did) you have to remove them, then push it in the frame, and only then screw them in.
Lastly, as the weight is a bit costly, it makes sense to buy the pack of rod and weight, you need both, you will like both, and you will end up saving few bucks. :-)
Excellent fit, easy install, works as promised. One of my most trouble free installs I have ever had. As soon as I purchase another Steyr, I plan on purchasing another brass weight.
At first, I was skeptical about this product since the Steyr is already a great and flat shooting gun. After taking a chance on the weight, I have to say I've noticed a difference. Subtle, but the balance feels great and I had a great range day shooting my Steyr with the extra weight up front. Thanks RPP for providing after market options for us who love "The other Austrian".
These Weights are so Awesome ...I've never seen Anything like them in all my Pistols...!! Who Ever Thought & Designed these weights was a Genius !! The Steyr Pistols (I Have the C9 & C40-A1) Never had that much muzzle Flip any way ( if you Grip the pistol correctly anyway) ! These made the 9mm feel like a .380 & the 40 s&w like a 9mm ) Great Buy ,easy to install !!
The addition of the steel guide rod and brass weight kit makes a very noticeable difference in muzzle flip and sight reaquisition. Great inexpensive upgrade to an already outstanding pistol.
THE MOST MANDATORY UPGRADE FOR THE S40~A1, KEEPS PROPER RESPONSE AND FLIP IS MINIMAL ON A .40 S&W, WOOO! MY S40~A1 IS TUNED FOR COMPETITION, BRING ON THE ZOMBIEZ!
Totally worth it. I also purchased the L9 Guide Rod. Brass weight / Guide Rod makes my Steyr L9 shoot super flat with little muzzle rise. Much easier to get back onto target shot after shot. Quality parts and installation was very easy (thanks for the video!).
with the quality and performance of this part, if you are looking for a improvement on your muzzle rise this part will definitely aid in that Improvement .. buy it 100% worth it