Our RPP-designed "medium" large loop levers for Marlin Firearms leveraction rifles are a drop-in part that should take minutes to install. Occasionally, minor fitting may be required.
Meticulously CNC machined in-house with two metal options:
- 4140 steel alloy and nitride coated for a smooth, scratch-proof finish
- Stainless Steel
PLEASE NOTE: These replacement levers do not come with a plunger, cross-pin or spring. You'll be able to re-use the parts from your factory lever as part of the installation process (download instructions).
NOTE: At this time, we do not make levers for the Marlin 39A or the Marlin 1894 Pistol Grips.
What makes our Marlin "medium loop" levers better?
1) Current "big loop" lever offerings incorporate a loop that is very tall and circular, but the aggressive upper curve still makes gloved fingers bunch together. We made more space fore and aft by flattening and extending the upper curve, allowing the fingers to rest naturally along the pistol grip.
2) The overly tall design of current levers has two effects that we don't care for: a) it creates an odd lag time when opening the action, while the hand leaves the grip and the fingers travel downward before smacking abruptly into the lower rung of the loop (with bare hands this can get uncomfortable quickly); and b) the loop adds significantly to the height dimension of the rifle and becomes the lowest point. Finish scratches are inevitable, and handiness is sacrificed for style.
3) Our design introduces additional space into the trigger guard area, where it is vital. Gloved fingers are a pretty tight fit in factory trigger guards. That should make anyone nervous when the hammer is back. We also decreased the dimension separating loop and guard, allowing the fingers to sit naturally, close together. In the overlay photo below you can clearly see the generous new space we've introduced in key areas.
4) Aesthetically, we designed our lever to blend more naturally with the lines of the stock, complementing rather than contrasting the attractive curve of the pistol grip. Our design may not pop out as much other big loops, but we feel that it presents pleasing, natural lines that look right.
54 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very easy to install. Perfect fit. Would highly recommend to anyone interested in doing this retrofit.
Installed the new loop lever. No fitting was required on my JM manufactured Marlin 336. Love the fit and feel of the new lever. Great product. Thanks.
So far I really like this new lever. The look and feel of it cycling is a huge improvement over the original lever. Installation was easy and the instructions were clear. I haven't had a chance to fire the rifle yet, but I expect it to work fine.
This loop looks and fits great. Was super easy to install and needed no further fittings. Finish on the loop matches my marlin 1895 G 45-70 perfectly
Easy installation and a perfect color/finish match to the 1895.
Received the RPP medium loop lever in short order. I attempted to drive the plunger pin and spring out of my existing lever and quickly aborted that attempt. Being in no rush I ordered the replacement plunger, spring and pin from RPP. Upon installation and much to my chagrin, I discovered that the new lever and newly installed plunger tee-totally locked up my recent (2018) model 1895G. I mean that lever could not be pulled open once I closed it. Fortunately I had previously bought one of RPP's knurled take-down screws. Fearing I would break the wood from the tang in my attempt to open the lever, I did the only remaining move I had left... remove the take-down screw. Once that was accomplished, I was able to remove the lever. Several more futile attempts proved that nothing changed and each time the rifle lever was closed it was as if it were welded to the gun stock. The only recourse being to withdraw the take-down screw. A VM to RPP stated my situation and the next day I received a call back. Several questions and the suggestion to take the plunger spring down a coil and a half were provided. One coil and a half was clipped off. No dice...an additional half coil was needed to make the lever operate. It opened a little too easy so I measured the length and stretched the spring slightly. That was the ticket. It works like it should. I have some snap caps and they seem to function pretty smoothly through the action and are eliminated in Marlin fashion out of the receiver opening. I am so glad that I put some effort into getting the thing to work. I am also happy to report that RPP makes quality products. The quick take-down screw and medium loop lever are the cats meow. I would have to suggest that RPP should install the plunger, spring and pin into the lever if both are purchased as a unit. Mine was not. I am not giving 5 stars until I get a chance to shoot at the range and ensure it operates without flaw. The little bit of aggravation I endured is worth the time and effort it took to rectify the problem. Like most guys, sending stuff back would have have been much more obnoxious and ego deflating. Thanks RPP... I have many more Marlins awaiting modifications.
Just received the straight stock medium loop lever for my Marlin 1895G, along with the plunger kit and shim package. The installation was a breeze! The action operated very smoothly but I still found I could just slide one of the shims in, which made it better yet. The fit, finish and color match is excellent. The medium loop is a good fit for my large hands with the wool gloves I normally wear under my heavy mittens. Great product!
Excellent fit and Finish only a minute to install
The loop lever feels better to my hand than the Marlin factory loop.
Dropped in smoothly and works great. Looks great too. Very happy!
I ordered and received a Loop Lever for my 1975 Marlin 336 .30-30. Fit was perfect. Color was perfect. Soooo glad I didn't purchase large Loop from Marlin. This is the perfect size, not only because it accommodates my fingers, but because it doesn't kill the carbine "look". I can now grip the pistol stock properly for a much quicker on-target and a steadier sight picture. I called to ask a techy question and got a quick and helpful response. Thanks Guys!
Even my gunsmith is impressed with this loop; large enough for four fingers with a little room to spare not to mention much more comfortable than stock loop.