- Machined from super strength 4340 steel alloy (far thicker and stronger than the factory part) and black nitride coated for incredible strength and corrosion resistance.
- Closely held CNC machine tolerances eliminate extraneous movement and ensure consistent fit and function
- Compression coil spring improves extractor claw compliance during feeding, lowers cycling effort, and greatly increases service life (virtually unlimited lifetime)
- Robust dimensions and superb geometry ensure no case gets left behind
- Rigorous testing by SASS Cowboy Action Shooters, Marlin Enthusiasts / Machinists; Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) approved
- Drop-in part that installs in minutes (comes with one extractor claw/shaft/spring, one punch, one replacement spring if original is lost)
- Marlin 1894, Marlin 1894CB and Marlin 1894CL options (fits all calibers: .218 Bee, .25-20 Winchester, .32-20 Winchester, .32 H&R Magnum,. 327 Federal, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .41 Magnum, .44-40 Winchester, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
25 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I was having extraction problems with my Marlin 1894 in 45LC, it would not extract Winchester brass. Purchased this and it still won't extract Winchester brass. So I figured I'd keep this and throw away all my Winchester brass (I mainly shoot Starline). Other than that, great product.
Fortunately, I have a set of high quality Starrett punches as the one provided with the extractor bent severely - even when punching out from the proper side. With the better punches, I thankfully didn't have to resort to my 20-ton press to get the extractor pin out. I think one other reviewer mentioned this pin can be extremely difficult to remove. Installation difficulties aside, the extractor does improve the trajectory consistency of spent cases. I expect with the better design it'll also last longer. As least within 50 rounds I had no failures to extract smoothly and predictably.
Order the M94 extractor on 2/24-Sunday evening. Received the RPP extractor today, 2/26-Tuesday.
Very easy install. Ran 100+ rounds at various cycle speeds... No FTE... extremely well built product. Improved design over Marlin extractor.
Previously, last round either did not eject, or took several attempts...
This is a great product...
Highly recommend RPP.
Will review after taking to the local range. .. Jordan G. Deer Park Tx
Ok Ranger Point, I wasn't going to leave a review, but you sent an email asking for one, so here it is. I'll tell you in summary right now it's not all good, as indicated by the three stars I've given. Ideally I would be able to provide 2 separate ratings - one for the extractor itself, and one for the supplied punch. If that were the case, the extractor would get 5 stars (at least as of now; I'm not finished testing). But the punch would get only 1 star, hence the 3 star average of the two. The reason is simple: that punch is too short by about 3/16". Unlike the test rifle you used in your installation video, my 1894FG has been used for some time, and the factory extractor had never been removed. It was pretty dirty in there - enough that I needed a punch that went all the way through the bolt to get the pin out. But the one provided was too short to do that, so I had to find other means to remove the pin. Once it was out, the installation went as advertised and the extractor has functioned flawlessly so far. Any potential buyers reading this, be advised: if your gun has been used a lot and the extractor never removed before, don't depend on the supplied punch being long enough to drive the pin all the way out.
The installation of the RPP extractor solved all major feed problems with the 94 Carbine. I plan to replace extractors in three other Marlin 1894's with the RPP extractor claw.
Placed the order 10/18 (shipped same day)..delivered 10/22..Fantastic! Extractor performs flawlessly... Thanks..!! (Marlin lever is next..)
The RPP extractor clearly solved the feeding “hitch” caused by the bobby-pin extractor problem. Including the punch (and online video) with the new part is an excellent idea. I created a punch block from a piece of 2 x3 (cut a groove, drilled a pin hole). Three raps with a light ball peen hammer and done. The RPP extractor has a stability that cannot be achieved with the original extractor. Absolutely Satisfied...
Just finished installing my second RPP extractor in another Marlin 1894. Works just as great as the first rifle I installed one in last spring. Worth the price. I highly recommend it.
Last April, I wrote about how much I liked the new RPP Extractor I installed in my Marlin 1894CS .357 rifle. Last week, I installed another one in a recently acquired Marlin 1894CB .357 rifle. Again it was a great improvement in both extraction and the overall cycling of the rifle. I highly recommend you get one. They are well worth the price.