Located in the Houston area in Cypress, Texas, Ranger Point Precision is a leading innovator and producer of one-of-a-kind rifle and pistol performance parts for Marlin Firearms, Henry and Winchester Repeating Arms rifles; Springfield Armory, Steyr Arms and S&W pistols. We design and manufacture all of our products in-house. We currently manufacture a catalog of 40-50 parts such as pistol barrels, thread protectors, mini-comps and guide rods; large loop levers, extractors, and magazine tube followers; to rifle sights, picatinny rails, muzzle brakes and much more. In 2018, our R&D department is working on another two-dozen innovative and unique product designs to further expand our catalog of offerings. We also build match-grade, custom Marlin lever-action rifles and are booked with business until March 2019.
We're a fun group that likes to listen to music all day, are professional but casual, like to eat lunch together and watch funny YouTube videos and talk about the latest absurd news of the day, and overall respect and support one another.
Machine Shop Operator Assistant
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER TO SALES@RANGERPOINTPRECISION.COM
The Operator Assistant will help with all support duties for the machine shop including loading parts, checking dimensions, sawing, sandblasting, tumbling, grinding, and de-burring parts along with general clean up. This individual will also become familiar with code reading, measuring techniques, and machine tool operation/maintenance.
Perfect job for someone looking for part-time work two days per week. Looking for people who want to work, have great attitudes, good attendance, not afraid to get a little dirty, and want a challenge to work on very firearm interesting parts. If you're a firearms enthusiast, this is the perfect job for you!
- Assist machinists and operators as required
- General cleanup and CNC mill and lathe cleanup
- Operation of saw, sandblaster, and tumbling machines
- Loading parts into CNC mills and bar stock into lathes
- Helping with tool changes during CNC machining of parts
- Visual and mechanical inspection of machine parts post machining for critical dimensions, final finishes and packaging
- Perform weight checks and measure key dimensions
- Pass and deliver parts to next routing operation
- Tumbling finished machine parts
- Grinding and deburring finished machine parts
- Packaging final products for sale
- Operate support equipment including hand tools, shop vacuum and pedestal grinder
- Learn other machining skills including CNC machine operation, measuring, and understanding CNC G-code
- Maintain clean, safe, and organized work areas: Follow all safety requirements
Job Type: Part Time (20 hours per week to start)
Pay: $9-$12 per hour (based on whether you have any machine shop experience or not)
Experience: Machine shop experience a plus but not necessary
Location: 11115 Mills Rd #122 Cypress, TX 77429 (one block off Jones, two blocks South of Grant)
Required work authorization: Must be a US Citizen