The X-1 Series Shorty Magazine Tube
The shorty, or “button” magazine, for lever guns is not a new concept. That said, Ranger Point Precision has taken it to the next level with an innovative, 100% drop-in, ultra light design that shaves 6.5 ounces, turning your Marlin 336 30-30 or 35 Rem into a sleek sporter rifle.
The X-1 Shorty Mag Tube replaces the heavy steel, full length magazine tube on Marlin 336 30-30 and 35 Rem with an ultra-light, aircraft grade aluminum tube that terminates just in front of the wooden forearm. The ingenious, two-piece magazine tube - mag tube + retaining cap - is designed for easy installation with no gunsmith necessary. The retaining cap automatically compensates for tolerance variations from rifle to rifle, creating a secure, perfect fit no matter the manufacture date. Additionally, the kit comes with a sleeve to cover the barrel's front crosspin slot.
In addition to saving weight, the X-1 Shorty Mag Tube is free of contact with the barrel, greatly reducing the unpredictable, potentially accuracy harming effects of traditional magazine tubes. While capacity is reduced to 3+1, many hunters feel that this is more than adequate. The X-1 mag is short, but not on benefits.
- Fits all Marlin 336 Barrel Band model calibers such as 30-30 and 35 Rem (no Youth models their forearms are shorter)
- Ultra light design shaves 6.5oz
- Terminates just in front of the wooden forearm, for a sleek, sporter look
- Durable, rust free, aircraft grade aluminum construction
- 100% drop-in fit. No gunsmith or special tools required
- Approximately 10 minute install
- Capacity 3+1
- Comes with one mag tube, one retaining cap, and one cover sleeve for barrel's front crosspin slot
PRODUCT DISASSEMBLY / INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDING SHORTENING SPRING (included in package)