Our RPP-designed "medium" large loop levers for Marlin Firearms leveraction rifles are a drop-in part that should take minutes to install. Occasionally, minor fitting may be required.
Meticulously CNC machined in-house:
- 4140 steel alloy and nitride coated them for a smooth, scratch-proof finish
- Stainless Steel
PLEASE NOTE: These replacement levers do not come with a plunger, cross-pin or spring. You'll be able to re-use the parts from your factory lever as part of the installation process (download instructions).
NOTE: At this time, we do not make levers for the Marlin 39A or the Marlin 1894 Pistol Grips.
What makes our Marlin "medium loop" levers better?
1) Current "big loop" lever offerings incorporate a loop that is very tall and circular, but the aggressive upper curve still makes gloved fingers bunch together. We made more space fore and aft by flattening and extending the upper curve, allowing the fingers to rest naturally along the pistol grip.
2) The overly tall design of current levers has two effects that we don't care for: a) it creates an odd lag time when opening the action, while the hand leaves the grip and the fingers travel downward before smacking abruptly into the lower rung of the loop (with bare hands this can get uncomfortable quickly); and b) the loop adds significantly to the height dimension of the rifle and becomes the lowest point. Finish scratches are inevitable, and handiness is sacrificed for style.
3) Our design introduces additional space into the trigger guard area, where it is vital. Gloved fingers are a pretty tight fit in factory trigger guards. That should make anyone nervous when the hammer is back. We also decreased the dimension separating loop and guard, allowing the fingers to sit naturally, close together. In the overlay photo below you can clearly see the generous new space we've introduced in key areas.
4) Aesthetically, we designed our lever to blend more naturally with the lines of the stock, complementing rather than contrasting the attractive curve of the pistol grip. Our design may not pop out as much other big loops, but we feel that it presents pleasing, natural lines that look right.
42 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The lever I purchased looks great, fits perfect with no fitting required, and functions like new. What's not to like! Thanks for a good product.
I have a 1894 44 mag Marlin, and the stock lever is both small for me, and a knuckle buster, especially on my middle finger. This loop is far more comfortable and manages to engage all my fingers equally and on a smoother edge. This puppy seems expensive but makes for a gun that's far more enjoyable for me to operate, and it looks pretty nice too. Suggest you get the shims; I needed one.
I purchased 2 of the medium loops for my Marlin's. I have 1 already on a custom rifle that they built for me and really enjoyed it and I purchased 2 new Marlin's and had to have the loops. Easy to install and the shims worked as promise to get rid of the slack in the lever when it is in the open position. They treat you like family when dealing with them at Ranger Point Precision. Can't go wrong with Adam, Kim and the others.
This is easily the best upgrade I could have made to my rifle. The feel, function, and flow are all improved with this simple upgrade. Do yourself a favor and grab one today.
Fast shipment, and great looking loop...not outlandishly large like my other one, just right in size. Installed easily, I had hoped the loop plunger and spring I ordered would be installed when it arrived, and I think you should offer that option, as I did not want to take my old one out of my OEM loop. Installed worked perfectly, no fitting, and after opening and closing a dozen times, broke in!!
Your lever and extractor were purchased for a previously owned .41 Mag Model 1894 Cowboy Carbine Limited that was in like new condition. The lever (including shims) installed easily and worked perfectly with no modification. The rifle has NO rattles now like it did before I installed it, and the lever is a thing of beauty to behold.
The extractor installed relatively easily and works great. It too is a big improvement.
I want to also thank you for your great website with plenty of information on your products, links to how-to videos and a very helpful ordering form. Thx!
Fit snug just like the original! No filing or smithing needed. I have large hands and this loop is just perfect can even now use light glove with room for fingers. I would highly recommend this loop.
Install was easy and I love the look of this lever. It's extremely comfortable and well thought out. I bought the additional plunger kit to keep my original lever in tact. I also installed a shim. The throw is better now.
I couldn't be more happy with my purchase.
It's time to buy a second one of these for my other lever gun!
Also, these people are wonderful to deal with and provide the best customer support I've ever experienced.
This lever makes sense.
This was an easy install and looks fantastic on my 336RC. Fits my medium size hand perfect for my intended purchase. Quality and fit is perfect, not my first RPP purchase and will not be the last. Looking forward to the picatinny rail purchase. Thanks for friendly and fast service.
Form, Fit, and Function are all world class quality! Slid right into position and gives buttery smooth cycling.
A must have, original lever is way too small a fit for even the smallest hands, this Ranger point fits in perfect and as usual works much better than the original lever 5 stars
No more busted knuckles and it looks great. It took less than five minutes to install and it fit perfectly