This Steyr A1 Pistols combo package includes both a Steel Guide Rod for reduced recoil and a Brass Weight for reduce muzzle flip. This package is offered at a 10% discount when you buy both.
Replacing the factory plastic recoil spring guide rods in the Steyr A1 Pistols is a simple and effective means of reducing muzzle flip. The ounce of added weight helps to counterbalance the rearward slap of the slide.
User serviceable. Simply remove your factory spring from its plastic guide rod, drop onto the Ranger Point guide rod, and install threaded keeper. No special tools necessary. Made from high-quality stress proof steel, for a lifetime of service. Coated with a bake-on moly finish, for the ultimate in dry lubricity and smooth function.
Note: The C and S models already come with a steel guide rod. Thus why we only sell guide rods for the L and M models.
These beautifully CNC machined brass weights install easily in five minutes into the molded pocket inside the frame of each Steyr A1 pistol (no epoxy or frame modification necessary). The weight installs under the barrel, improving the gun's balance and reducing muzzle flip. The already fast Steyr pistols come back on target even faster!
* Comes with a set of two screws and Allen wrench
Brass Weight Options
A1-L Models .270" H x .420" W x .220" L (1.3 oz)
A1-M Models .270" H x .420" W x .171" L (1.0 oz)
A1- C & S Models .270" H x .420" W x .156" L (.9 oz)
Installation / Removal instructions
1) Unload your Steyr and remove the slide
2) Put the RPP Steyr frame weight, logo up, into the pocket of the frame located under the barrel. Modest force may be necessary to depress the weight until it is flush with the edges of the frame pocket.
3) While keeping the weight depressed, use the Allen wrench to install the provided set screws. Turn them until they are flush with the weight, but no more.
4) Reinstall your slide and go shooting!
5) Should you wish to remove the weight at any time, simply back out the set screws and tap the frame upside down against a solid surface. The weight will pop free.
Sorry, there are no reviews for this product yet.