Our RPP-designed "medium" large loop levers for Marlin Firearms leveraction rifles are a drop-in part that should take minutes to install. Occasionally, minor fitting may be required.
Meticulously CNC machined in-house:
- 4140 steel alloy and nitride coated them for a smooth, scratch-proof finish
- Stainless Steel
PLEASE NOTE: These replacement levers do not come with a plunger, cross-pin or spring. You'll be able to re-use the parts from your factory lever as part of the installation process (download instructions).
NOTE: At this time, we do not make levers for the Marlin 39A or the Marlin 1894 Pistol Grips.
What makes our Marlin "medium loop" levers better?
1) Current "big loop" lever offerings incorporate a loop that is very tall and circular, but the aggressive upper curve still makes gloved fingers bunch together. We made more space fore and aft by flattening and extending the upper curve, allowing the fingers to rest naturally along the pistol grip.
2) The overly tall design of current levers has two effects that we don't care for: a) it creates an odd lag time when opening the action, while the hand leaves the grip and the fingers travel downward before smacking abruptly into the lower rung of the loop (with bare hands this can get uncomfortable quickly); and b) the loop adds significantly to the height dimension of the rifle and becomes the lowest point. Finish scratches are inevitable, and handiness is sacrificed for style.
3) Our design introduces additional space into the trigger guard area, where it is vital. Gloved fingers are a pretty tight fit in factory trigger guards. That should make anyone nervous when the hammer is back. We also decreased the dimension separating loop and guard, allowing the fingers to sit naturally, close together. In the overlay photo below you can clearly see the generous new space we've introduced in key areas.
4) Aesthetically, we designed our lever to blend more naturally with the lines of the stock, complementing rather than contrasting the attractive curve of the pistol grip. Our design may not pop out as much other big loops, but we feel that it presents pleasing, natural lines that look right.
39 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This lever fit tighter that the factory. Was a perfect fit requiring no adjustments.
I really like this lever on my Marlin 1895. Looks great and fit perfectly. I will put these on other levers I own.
Perfect fit on my 336 35 Rem. Did not need shims.
Absolutely perfect. Fit without any adjustments and installed in minutes. I wish they sold one for the new Mossberg.
The Loop fits perfectly, with no effort. It feels so much better than the factory, and has a better finish.
The takedown bolt could have been a bit longer, and I had to use some low level loctite to keep it from backing out.
I am 75 yrs old and raised on lever guns,I used or owned most all them at one time or other. I mention this only to make clear my opinion is not uninformed. The loop lever is without as doubt the best I 've seen or tried and after a 150 yrs Ranger Point got it right and it is beautifully made and finished to my eye, The claw extractor is again what the extractor should of been and they even include a spare spring for guys like me ,
Real easy to install, this loop is easier on my knuckles now. I did a little polishing on the loop and the bolt on my 1894c. The action is real slick now. I work at a gun shop and mention your medium loops and extractors to any one who owns a Marlin.
Perfect fit, and very easy to install!
I had been looking for a larger loop lever for my .45-70 Marlin 1895 CB for quite a while before I was referred to Ranger Point by a friend. At that time, it was downright painful shooting the rifle as I have fairly large hands and they barely fit inside the stock Marlin loop lever. Upon recoil my fingers felt like they were hit with a hammer! I ordered it immediately and it arrived about a week later. Easily installed in just a few minutes with no fitting required at all. Very pleased with the quality and size of the lever and now look forward to range sessions with the .45-70.
Should be factory stock. The standard lever, and degree of actors fit-and-finish, makes rapid operation of the Marlin 1894 about as smooth as the gearbox on an old soviet tractor. The big loop allows more room for hand movement before contacting the walls of the loop. The old loop is like putting your hand into a bear trap to operate the action.
Also, invest in the shim set, and measure carefully to determine how much shimming is needed on both sides. While the lever itself is basically a straight drop-in, proper shimming should be done by someone with proper precision measuring equipment. I used lab-grade digital calipers, and picked the best combination of shim thickness to provide the absolute smallest gap while still allowing free motion. With shimming, I achieved a gap of .0005” on each side. This made the track of the loop, and bolt, much more exact and repeatable, and easily cut down random side stresses by at least half. A cheap performance upgrade for a few dollars, and a bit of careful work, and I’m no longer worried about sprained fingers during rapid-file.
I ordered this lever with the additional parts needed for installation so I could leave my original lever intact. I expected I would have to install the additional parts myself but instead the lever came fully assembled. This lever is truly a drop in part, I installed the Ranger Point Lever in about 2min. And it worked absolutely great. It had no more side to side movement than the factory lever but since I ordered the shim kit I decided to see if some of it could be removed. I could only install one shim, a second one would not fit. That’s how well these levers are made. Well worth the investment, thank you Ranger Point for an easy to install, high quality product in fit, form, funtion and finish.
Fit and finish look good. Action was a little rough after initial installation but didn't have time to investigate so swapped back to factory. Will give it a closer look as time permits.