GUNSMITH POSITION OPENING 8/22/17
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER TO SALES@RANGERPOINTPRECISION.COM
WE ARE NOT HIRING MACHINISTS AT THIS TIME.
ABOUT GUNSMITH POSITION:
Nationally known firearms gunsmith has an immediate full-time opening at our Cypress, TX location. Five-day work-week, Tuesday – Friday 10am-5pm, Saturday 10am – 3pm.
Ranger Point Precision, a full-service gunsmith and machine shop that designs and manufactures precision parts, has an immediate full-time opening in our Cypress, TX location (Houston). We’re nationally recognized as a leader in custom lever-action rifles and aftermarket parts along with having extensive experience in match-grade rifle builds, caliber conversions, trigger and action tuning, performance services, and KG Gun Kote / Duracoat paint coatings.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NO PRIOR GUNSMITH EXPERIENCE / DEGREE.
GUNSMITH WORK INCLUDES:
– General repair, function checking, and cleaning of rifles, shotguns, and pistols
– Working knowledge of firearms function, troubleshooting and technical problem solving
– Stock bedding, recoil pad grinding and general stock fitting
– Fitting, chambering, head spacing, shortening and threading custom barrels
– Fitting and installing sights and barrel band swivel studs
– Fitting and installing stocks
– Trigger and action tuning on pistols and rifles
– Machining and installation of muzzle brakes
– Manual lathe setup and operation for barrel threading and chambering, action truing, muzzle threading, muzzle brakes, and muzzle device installation
– Manual mill setup and operation for drilling and tapping sight base holes, cutting sight dovetails, removing stuck screws, etc.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
– Familiarization and/or proficiency with mills (manual and CNC), lathes, custom jigs, drill press, sanders, buffers, welding operations, and a variety of other machines commonly used in the gunsmith craft
– Use of common hand tools to include files, chisels, hones, stock scrapers, and taps
– Use a standard lathe to perform turning, facing, boring, and reaming operations, and cutting threads
– Technical/mechanical certifications or gunsmith degree preferred
– Knowledge of pistols, rifles and firearm accessories. Lever-action rifles experience a PLUS.
– Must be able to multitask while being safety-conscious
– Proficient learner and pupil while taking direction from Lead Gunsmith
– Must have a high level of mechanical competency. It is also important to be organized, as it is the gunsmith’s responsibility to keep a clean work-space and stay on top of shop maintenance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
– Certificate of completion or degree from an in-residence gunsmith school.
– Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
– Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
– Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
WHAT SETS RANGER POINT PRECISION APART:
– We believe there is value in tradition and virtue in improvement; big focus on R&D and developing first-of-its-kind offerings
– Confidence is best built on quality
– Precision always counts and performance is proof
– Good customer service is the outstanding kind (customer reviews)
– The best place to work is one that’s open, honest, fun and collaborative
– Provide opportunities for fast advancement, raises, and continued professional and personal growth; generous hourly wages + per billable hours commission commiserate with experience and skill-set; five days of annual PTO