Located in the Houston area in Cypress, Texas, Ranger Point Precision is a leading innovator and producer of custom-built, match-grade rifles and CNC machined firearms parts with a complete and growing lineup of both pistol and rifle parts. We design and manufacture this line of products in house. We are a true manufacturer, with a fully tooled and operational gunsmith facility. We currently manufacture a catalog of 30 parts such as pistol barrels, thread protectors, mini-comps and guide rods; lever-action levers, extractors and magazine tube followers; to rifle sights, picatinny rails, brakes and much more. In 2018, our R&D department is working on another two-dozen innovative and unique product designs to further expand our catalog of offerings.
GUNSMITH POSITION OPENING
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER TO SALES@RANGERPOINTPRECISION.COM
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NO PRIOR GUNSMITH EXPERIENCE / DEGREE.
SENIOR GUNSMITH WORK INCLUDES:
– General repair, function checking, and cleaning of rifles, shotguns, and pistols
– Working knowledge of firearms function, troubleshooting and technical problem solving
– Stock bedding, recoil pad grinding and general stock fitting
– Fitting, chambering, head spacing, shortening and threading custom barrels
– Fitting and installing sights and barrel band swivel studs
– Fitting and installing stocks
– Trigger and action tuning on pistols and rifles
– Machining and installation of muzzle brakes
– Manual lathe setup and operation for barrel threading and chambering, action truing, muzzle threading, muzzle brakes, and muzzle device installation
– Manual mill setup and operation for drilling and tapping sight base holes, cutting sight dovetails, removing stuck screws, etc.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
– Familiarization and/or proficiency with mills (manual and CNC), lathes, custom jigs, drill press, sanders, buffers, welding operations, and a variety of other machines commonly used in the gunsmith craft
– Use of common hand tools to include files, chisels, hones, stock scrapers, and taps
– Use a standard lathe to perform turning, facing, boring, and reaming operations, and cutting threads
– Technical/mechanical certifications or gunsmith degree preferred
– Knowledge of pistols, rifles and firearm accessories. Lever-action rifles experience a PLUS.
– Must be able to multitask while being safety-conscious
– Proficient learner and pupil while taking direction from Lead Gunsmith
– Must have a high level of mechanical competency. It is also important to be organized, as it is the gunsmith’s responsibility to keep a clean work-space and stay on top of shop maintenance.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
– Certificate of completion or degree from an in-residence gunsmith school; 3-5 years experience building match-grade rifles
Shift start time: 8am – 4pm
Salary: Hourly rate + percentage of $80 hourly shop rate (D.O.E.)